Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Accomplish More With To Do Lists

A comical look at what a bully's checklist might look like


I have found I accomplish more when I have a to do list. I think it turns chores or tasks into a challenge for me. The list is like "You can't get all this stuff done" and I say back "Wanna bet?" I also tend to be a little absent-minded, so a to do list keeps me on track to accomplish what I set out to do. My wife knows that if she wants me to do a bunch of stuff, she'll have to make a to do list for the maximum probability of success. I enjoy getting a task done and putting a big 'ole check in the box. It makes me feel like I accomplished something; especially when all the boxes are checked.



With a to do list, you will be more likely to get things done that you need to accomplish during your day. It sets you in a position to be proactive rather than reactive. Instead of handling tasks as they come up, you can have a plan of prioritized tasks to get done so at the end of the day, you feel like you've actually achieved something instead of rushing around putting out fires.

I actually prefer a to do list over a schedule, because I make the lists in such a way that they're time-bound only through the end of the day. A schedule is more restrictive, although it has the potential to save more time. To do lists are fairly flexible.

You can make to do lists to accomplish just about anything. It's fun if you save to do lists for a few years and look back at what you've accomplished. This especially rings true for exercise to do lists; you can look back to see how far you've come, or, in the case of regression, see what you used to be able to do and resolve to get there again.

Make the to do list before you start exercising so you don't smear the ink as much with your sweat.


To do lists are good for work, home or even while on vacation. You can make a list of tasks you need to complete at work for the day to stay ahead in your career. To do lists help people to get chores around the house done that would otherwise sit around for months on end. Many times my wife creates my home to do list which then turns into a 'honey do list' (not to be confused with the melons). You can make sure you see all the sites and attractions you intend to while on vacation as well as make sure you do all your favorite activities during your extended time off.









How much more can you get done with a to do list? When have you used a to do list that worked exceptionally well?  Please leave your comments in the section below. Have a productive day!

1 comment:

  1. I truly love ƴoսr site.. Pleasat colors & theme.
    Ɗid yߋu create this web site yߋurself? Ρlease reply back ɑs I'm
    wanting tօ create mу own personal blog and would love
    tto κnow ѡheгe you got this fгom օr exactloy what the theme іs called.
    Kudos!

    Ƭake a look ɑt my blog post - flights tо khartoum [cheapflights.webgarden.com]

    ReplyDelete