Monday, September 9, 2013

Vacation is Over, back in the Saddle

For a while, it seemed like I no longer had a day job and was on perpetual vacation. Now, however, it is time to get back to work---back in the saddle. I must say, I was chomping at the bit to get to work on my blog. Get it? LOL, never mind. I enjoy blogging and if I only had that to do for my career, it would seem like I never worked a day in my life. The hardest part of blogging is not the writing, but the other stuff---search engine optimization, finding the right advertising for the blog to make money from it, promoting the blog and other things not directly related to writing or my area of expertise.

This last vacation wasn't really a vacation in the way you would think; it was more like paternity leave. My wife gave birth to our third son late last month and between last week and the week before, I took the remainder of my vacation days for the year 2013. It was nice to have so many days off because it makes me more motivated and refreshed when I go back to work.




During my vacation, my family and I went to OMSI in Portland which turned into a fiasco because our Chevrolet Suburban's alternator drained the battery and we eventually had to use our State Farm insurance roadside assistance to get it towed to the Battery X-Change on MLK in northeast Portland. Even though the technicians there gave us good service and a good price, I still ended up having to carry three car seats nearly four miles back to OMSI.  I don't know exactly how much the children's seats weighed, but by the time I got back to OMSI, I was tired and sore. I tried to stop to take public transportation, but my wife urged me not to do so because she thought it would take even longer to get back using those means. It was hard to summon the motivation to lug those three heavy car seats around for about four miles, but I did it because I had to and because I could. Even though it was a rough day overall, it was still a fun one.

My wife and I decided that I would limit how much I discussed about our exact location and family details, but I am dying to tell you about my three amazing sons. I will, however, tell you their nicknames that I assigned each of them soon after they were born:

1. Champion- Someone of great strength and skill whom others depend on to prevail.




2. Star- Someone who far outshines their peers


 3. Lightbringer- Someone who brings God's light and love wherever they go and shares it with others.

While I was on vacation, I practiced my push-ups a whole bunch and have improved steadily For those of you who haven't read Seasons Musings from August 2013, I made a goal of being able to execute 1,000 consecutive push-ups by August 7th, 2013. I am well on my way of being able to accomplish that feat and continue to get stronger on a daily basis.

It's good to be back writing my blog again and I hope I am able to pump out some quality blog articles this week. I am continually striving to bring my readers quality ideas and material. See you next time!

4 comments:

  1. I'd say hauling around car seats will also help on your road to pushups! You're a trooper!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shannon. I know my arms were definitely sore after I carried the car seats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe when your blog get old enough say after few months, you can apply from adsese/adchoices for ads to start with. age of the blog is a requirements for a blog and after some time, your blog might be approved. the content of your blog is unique is it would not be a problem. there are some tips onl;ine how to get your blog approve in adsense ads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emmanuel, my blog was already approved by Adsense once, but my account was disabled for seemingly no reason. Thank you for the compliments, though. Have you tried applying for Adsense for your blog?

      Delete