Saturday, August 24, 2013

Five Inspiring Songs for Today- Part One of a Series on Music

I supremely enjoy listening to music. There's music for every occasion; when you're happy, when you're sad, when you're thoughtful, when you're tired, when you need to get pumped up or basically anything you can think of. I personally believe that music is powerful and there's no denying the fact that it is moving.

I would like to now move on to share some of my favorite songs. They are in no particular order.

1. Antonio Vivaldi-The Four Seasons Concerto (Spring)


I enjoy classical music like this, especially because it is lively and elegant. Besides that, who hasn't dreamed of owning a mansion with this blasting through the house? The Four Seasons in total has a play time of about 42 minutes, but the Spring Concerto is my favorite and doesn't require such a time commitment. Spring is also the most well-known. I think you will notice the tune right away.

2. The Vogues-You're the One




I discovered this song while I was in high school when listening to the now defunct local oldies radio station 97.1 KISN. It has a quick tune and back then it appealed to my romantic little teenage heart. I remember being inspired and blissful while listening to this song back in the early 2000's. I hope you enjoy it, too.


3. Matt Redman-10,000 Reasons (Bless the Lord Oh My Soul)


I am sure that if Matt Redman was not a multimillionaire before he came out with this song, he must be now. Tons of churches and Christian organizations are now in-love with this song and so am I. It seems to combine the strength and steadfastness of the old hymns with the emotion and catchiness of modern Christian music for an overall incredible effect.


4. Chris Tomlin-Our God



This song worshiping the Creator really appeals to me. The verses are slow, but the chorus picks up. It reminds me of the confidence we can have trusting in God.



5. Mozart- Sonata No. 16 K. 545




I don't doubt that many of you will recognize this fun, plucky little tune by Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart. I have found that listening to it makes me think better afterwards. Mozart really was a great composer and I recommend his work enthusiastically.

My tastes in music are quite eclectic and I think you will enjoy more songs on my playlist in the future when I continue my series on music. In the meantime, enjoy this link I was required to do an assignment on when I was pursuing my MBA:



What kind of music do you enjoy? Do you like classical, oldies or modern? Music improves the quality of your life, so make sure you listen to music you love at least once daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment