Thursday, August 15, 2013

I Can and I Will!

Me today, at a lean 222 lbs.
I have made great progress in recent months; going from an unhealthy lifestyle to a healthy one. On May 4th, 2013 I started my Isagenix health and fitness program and have seen amazing results since then. It is truly some of the best stuff you can put into your body. I woke up this morning and weighed myself and the scale said I weighed 222 pounds! So from May 4th, 2013 to August 14th, 2013 I lost 44 pounds.

Before Isagenix, I was quite rotund


I look and feel more physically fit than I have in a long time. The last time I weighed 222 pounds was in November, 2010 when I was still technically active duty Marine Corps, but on terminal leave. It is so exciting to see my progress and it feels like every day is a fitness adventure, even though some days are harder than others.

It's days like these: seeing results and feeling good, that give me motivation enough to make it through the hard days when my motivation is ebbing. Through the hard times, I keep telling myself "I can and I will accomplish my goals!" You must steel your resolve to succeed through the hard times, even when you feel like you want to give up and quit. Oftentimes your feelings cannot be trusted, but if you are clever, you can use your feelings to propel you forward. Don't listen to the side of you that says 'I can't.' Tell yourself  'I can and I will!'

"I will work hard to get that promotion at work!"

"I will lose thirty pounds!"

"I will complete my degree!



"I will exceed my sales quotas!"



"I will write a bestseller!"

"I will do 1,000 push-ups consecutively!"

"I will become a manager in my company!"



----And the list goes on.

Don't get quit because what you're trying isn't working; try it a different way. For example, trying to knock down a brick wall by running into it repeatedly probably won't work and will most likely end up with you getting injured. In this scenario, a sledge hammer strategy would be much more effective.


 










There's always hope and there's always another way you can try.  Don't look at it as a failure when you are at first unable to do something; instead look at it as a learning experience and stepping stone to success. People get so preoccupied with beating themselves up over failures that they become afraid to try again. Don't live your life in fear of failure: try, stumble, learn and succeed. Here is a quote from President Theodore Roosevelt that is related to this topic. I love this quote about the "Man in the arena."



What is something you have been striving for? Maybe a better question would be: What should you be striving for? Go for it. Go for the gold. Take it to the max. Improvise, adapt and overcome. If you apply yourself and don't give up, you can and you will!

1 comment:

  1. I can tell your stomach is much flatter now.

    ReplyDelete